This position is perfectly suited for:
– a photographer who loves shooting, but not necessarily the business side of things
– a photographer who has previous experience as a primary shooter but has gaps in their schedule
– a photographer who shoots weddings part-time but isn’t really interested in making it your full-time business
– a photographer who just wants to shoot and work with great couples – forget about the admin work, edits, marketing, ordering and album design
Perks of the job:
– Get paid to do what you love.
– You don’t have to worry about marketing and finding clients.
– NO editing. You shoot, I’ll handle the rest.
– Opportunity to travel for destination weddings.
– In person training + mentoring. Pick my brain!
– Being a part of an awesome team – team outings and a yearly mini workshop hosted by Kayla, just for my associates!
– An occasional slice of yummy wedding cake. 😉
What I’m looking for:
– a positive, fun + approachable attitude – this is SO important!
– a photographer who has past experience as a primary for weddings
– someone who is reliable, patient and organized
– must have a flexible schedule + is wanting to remain an associate long term
– ability to photograph in a documentary style, but also direct couples as needed
– creative eye for composition
– professional gear (minimum 2 camera bodies required)
– professional insurance preferred
– access to own vehicle for business travel
– Occasional pre-booking and wedding consultations (via phone) with couples that have booked you. It’s important for the primary shooter to build a relationship with the couple!
– Photographing weddings alongside Kayla as a second photographer until hired. Paid at second shooter rate. After hired, you will not need to second shoot unless you want to.
– Photographing weddings as primary shooter for couples that have booked you. Paid at primary shooter rate.
– This will be a position that is compatible with another part time or full time job.
– The right fit for this role will be compensated generously.
– Most weddings fall on weekend dates Saturdays, some Fridays and Sundays as well.
– You’ll have to commit to covering weddings 12 months in advance.
– Weddings are not for everyone. The ideal associate will need a love for wedding photography, flexible schedule, patience and a willingness to work hard.
– I will be responsible for the booking process, administration, post processing, album design and delivery of the finished product to clients.
If you think you’d be a great fit, I’d love to hear from you! Apply below.