As of today, March 30th, 2020, I am sure you are already aware of the severity of COVID-19 and how it has affected all of us in some ways: physically, emotionally, financially.
Therefore, I won’t put out my opinions or anything personal about the Coronavirus, rather, this blog post is to share a piece of my heart and my steps to ensure safety and an amazing experience for all my couples.
This page is my Action Plans on how I will do my part to advocate for not only myself but also you, my couples, my clients, the ones who trusted me enough to hire me for to photograph you whether it’s an engagement session or an elopement / wedding.
SHOULD WE CANCEL OUR ENGAGEMENT SESSION / WEDDING / ELOPEMENT?
Although engagement sessions are easier to postpone, I know it is still stressful for you and your partner to plan around. And now to even think about either cancelling or postponing your wedding or elopement, I can’t even imagine. This is the kind of stress no other brides or grooms previously had to even worry about. My heart is with all my couples.
With that being said, us small businesses rely on you to feed our family. Unlike the big corporates that can get grants for their companies or unemployed people can apply for unemployment benefits, us small businesses don’t get that luxury.
When you booked us, you took a chance on us, and we took a chance on you. With postponement, it helps small businesses like myself carry on and deliver our best to you and to all other clients.
MY PROMISES TO YOU AND WHAT I CAN DO AS A WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER TO HELP DURING THIS COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
Safety for you and for my family are my main goals during the pandemic. Therefore, here are my promises to you:
• I am staying socially distant to ensure the safety and health of my clients.
• If I am sick or if you need to postpone to a date that I am unavailable, I will make sure to find a replacement who’s equally skilled and experienced in the way I photograph to photograph your event. I will personally edit every single photo so your photos will have almost, if not exact, the kind of vibes/mood/colors you were seeking for when you booked me. I have a few associate photographers under me who I have personally trained and I fully trust to document your day.
• If you need to POSTPONE + RESCHEDULE, I will:
• Not charge a rebooking fee for the first date change
• Allow you to change to any new dates within 2020 and 2021 (some vendors in the industry won’t let you book a weekend date due to loss of business from other couples, hence, loss of income). I am here for you, everyone is losing in this pandemic and I am trying my best to accommodate for your needs.
• In event of a cancellation, please refer to our contract to view terms and conditions. I hate awkward conversations, trust me, no one does. Unfortunately, those non-refundable retainer fees won’t be refunded. Therefore, this is why I really want to work with you on finding a new date that would work for all of us even if the future is unforeseeable, I am 100% down on using what you already paid as credits for a future session together.
WHAT I NEED FROM YOU:
Just as anything in life, success is not one directional. We are doing this TOGETHER. I’ll offer my insights, feedback, advices, opinions, resources and whatever else you guys need help with. But in the end, the quality of your photos 100% depends on your effort. Here are some things I need from you:
• If you are thinking about rescheduling, I would love to only reschedule about 60 days or less before your original date. For example: right now is March 30th, if your elopement or wedding is anytime between now till May 30th, I would love to reschedule to a new date in a heart beat. If your elopement is July 30th, we are bit too early to determine anything since the situation might get way better.
• With rescheduling, before confirming a date with your venue and other vendors, please let me know as soon as possible as well as a list of 3 – 4 potential dates so we can work together to find a new date. All I am asking is, please give me some options since other couples are on the same boat as you and they are trying to reschedule as well
• Please keep in touch with me and communicate. During this tough time, you might learn new info or make changes that I am not aware of. Please keep me in the loop so I can make adjustments accordingly
IN TIMES LIKE THIS, PLEASE REMEMBER, LOVE IS NOT CANCELLED, HUMANITY IS NOT CANCELLED, OUR CLIENT/PHOTOGRAPHER RELATIONSHIP IS NOT CANCELLED
I am not going to lie. As a small business, I am very shaken and very worried about what the future might be. One thing I do know, we will get over this, we will beat this, and life will be normal again. However, we cannot go through all of this alone. Each of us have to do our part to avoid overwhelming the healthcare system until a vaccine is created.
Your love is not cancelled, humanity is not cancelled, rather, it’s just another obstacle to show how strong we can be when we work together.
You have my promises to be your advocate and to do what’s best for you. So please keep in touch and keep me updated with what’s going on.
In the meantime, please wash your hands as often as you can; avoid touching your face, nose, and mouth; and stay healthy.
I cannot wait to document your love and your story soon 🙂