Hi guys!! SO I’ve been wanting to add on an educational section onto my website for awhile now and I feel like NOW is the perfect time to do it. Time and time again, I’ve been asked various questions on different aspects of my photography – so why not put it all in one place for you all to see?!
I’ve built my business from the ground up for over 6 years now and I have a whole lot of tips and tricks that I’ve learned along the way that I can’t wait to share! I want to be a source of encouragement and education on what’s worked for me and what hasn’t worked, in hopes of helping some of you build your dream career. I’m a firm believer in learning from others in your industry to enhance your knowledge + improve your lil business! So, here’s to 2019 – the year of growth!
Okay, so let’s get to it.
What’s in my camera bag?
I shoot every wedding with my two main camera bodies on my HoldFast Harness:
- Canon 5d Mark IV
- Canon 5d Mark III
Extra body: Canon 1D-C *great for video work, a bit too heavy for long wedding days!
- 50 mm 1.4 Sigma – my most used lens by far! So crisp.
- 35 mm 1.4 Sigma – probably the best lens for couples portraits in my opinion. The perfect focal length.
- 100 mm 2.8 Canon Macro – I call this my sniper lens. Mainly because I can capture candid shots of people from afar and get up. close. and personal.
- 16 – 35 mm 2.8 Canon – Great for wide landscape shots. Think itttyyy bitty people in a vast landscape.
Flashes: I always have two on me for all wedding days!
- SD + CF Cards
- Extra batteries (for cameras + flashes)
- Business cards … keep at least a few on hand!
- Lens Cleaner Spray
- Mircrofiber Cleaning Cloth (you can buy both here!)
- I’ve been using a backpack from Oliday for a couple years now + absolutely love it! It’s perfect for traveling and holds so much. Buy it here!
There’s a quick glimpse into my camera bag! Thanks for reading + be sure to follow along on Instagram if you’d like to be in the loop for more freebie education tips! xoxo